About Exfolderm Stimulation of Skin Cells:
Exfolderm lotion made with pure, all-natural glycolic acid constitutes the best at-home chemical face peel:
- Penetrates deep into the epidermis, the outermost layer of your skin where living cells can be stimulated;
- Can be used as a proper post-clinical peel skincare product: home treatment should start the day after you had an in-clinic chemical peel; the use of the lotion should be continued until the desired effect is achieved with a second peeling;
- Can also be applied without any prior in-clinic chemical peel.
The benefits of Exfolderm Peel:
- Improving the look and feel of skin;
- Treating wrinkles and certain types of acne;
- Improving common skin concerns including dry skin, hyperpigmentation, and uneven skin texture;
- Reducing age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills;
- Treating areas of sun damage;
- Increasing absorption of topical treatments;
- Reducing inflammation and killing bacteria;
- Decreasing oil production;
- Breaking down comedones (plugged hair follicles).
70% and 50% pure glycolic acid concentrations and partially neutralized ammonium
How to Use:
Before a chemical peel:
- It is recommended to stop using tretinoin-based products, like Retin-A or Differin, a week before a chemical peel.
- Gently exfoliate your face the day before your peel. After exfoliation, apply a pH solution to prepare your skin for the peel.
- Do a spot test before applying your peel. Apply a dab of the chemical peel to your forearm or to the area of skin below your ear at the hairline. Leave the solution on for at least a minute before washing it off to make sure your skin has no allergic reactions.
Now you can use Exfolderm Stimulation of Skin Cells:
- Neutralize the solution with water.
- Cleanse your face before application.
- Apply the peel solution evenly to your skin using a cotton ball, cotton swab, small brush, or Q-tip.
- Leave it on your skin for 3-10 minutes. Timing depends on the sensitivity/reaction of the skin: 3-5 minutes for thin & sensitive skin; 5-10 minutes for thicker skin.
- Finally, wash off the peel with warm water.
- After drying your skin, apply the nourishing, moisturizing, and protective Hydretix cream in 1-2 layers.